The submission deadline is February 10, 2020. Submissions may fall under the categories of Academic Research, Case Reports, Reviews, Commentaries, and News & Letters.
To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the UBC Medical Journal (UBCMJ), we are inviting authors to share their research in the upcoming Fall 2020 Fringe issue. Fringe refers to topics outside of the mainstream discourse that are thought-provoking, uncommon, and innovative. For this issue anything goes— the quirkier the better.
For more information, please visit our Guide to Authors page.
Before you submit…
Please review these steps to ensure a smooth and timely submission process.
- Carefully review our Guide to Authors and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein.
- Carefully review and complete our Single Author Article Submission Form (PDF) or Multiple Author Article Submission Form (PDF), as appropriate, and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein.
- If applicable, carefully review and complete our Patient Consent for Publication Form (PDF), and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein. Patient consent is not to be sent to the journal with your submission, but must be retained by the authors for a period of five (5) years.
- Review and complete the conflicts of interest disclosure form: COI Disclosure Form (from ICJME) and ensure that all authors of your submission have thoroughly met the disclosure requirements presented therein. *Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view/edit*
- Add your completed Article Submission Form and COI Disclosure Form directly to OJS as supplemental documents.
- Ensure that your manuscript text does not contain any information that identifies the author(s).
- Ensure that author names are on the title page, which should be uploaded as a separate document.
Do not hesitate to contact the managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any submissions-related inquiries.