Submissions for Fall 2021 Issue!
We are excited to announce that our Fall 2021 issue will be themed “Medicine of the Future”. Our call for submissions is now open! While our “Medicine in Times of Crises” issue featured many “calls-to-action”, this issue will look ahead at solution-oriented strategies that address existing gaps in medicine. We invite authors to explore cutting edge developments in science and medicine that may revolutionize the field and even help side-step future health crises. Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2021!
Thinking about submitting?
Please read our comprehensive UBCMJ Submission Guidelines, which lists our article categories and manuscript requirements. Note that in line with initiatives to support greener publishing strategies, we are no longer printing both our Fall and Spring Issues. We continue to proudly publish and promote our issues online.
Before you submit, ensure you have completed every step listed in the checklist below
- Ensure that the manuscript follows the following UBCMJ Manuscript Template. Ensure the title page (first page of the manuscript) is correctly formatted and contains all of the correct identifying author information while the body of the manuscript contains no identifying information.
- Carefully review our UBCMJ Submission Guidelines and ensure that your submission meets the listed requirements.
- Draft a cover letter that indicates the category of your submission as well as the name, qualifications, and contact information of the faculty sponsor if applicable (review our Guide to Authors for more information).
- Carefully review and complete our Single Author Article Submission Form (PDF) or Multiple Author Article Submission Form (PDF).
- If applicable, carefully review and complete our Patient Consent for Publication Form (PDF), and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein. Patient consent is not to be sent to the journal with your submission, but must be retained by the authors for a period of five (5) years.
- Review and complete the conflicts of interest disclosure form: COI Disclosure Form (from ICJME) and ensure that all authors of your submission have thoroughly met the disclosure requirements presented therein. *Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view/edit*
- Submit your manuscript to OJS, and include the following documents as supplemental documents:
- Cover Letter
- Signed and Completed Single or Multiple Author Submission Form
- COI Disclosure Form
- High-quality Images, Figures, and Tables
Do not hesitate to contact the managing editor at email@example.com if you have any submissions-related inquiries.