We’re accepting submissions for our Spring 2021 Issue!
The theme for our Spring 2021 Issue is “Medicine in Times of Crises”. While in the midst of this global pandemic, we’re inviting authors to explore the cutting-edge research, innovations, and policy changes that been implemented to meet these challenging times. We’re also encouraging submissions that reflect on the chaos of large-scale health crises and the ensuing impact on governments, institutions, and vulnerable populations.
Deadline for submission is Oct 9, 2020. We welcome all submissions, including those that don’t fit the current theme.
Thinking about submitting?
Please read our comprehensive UBCMJ Submission Guidelines, which lists our article categories and manuscript requirements. Note that in line with initiatives to support greener publishing strategies, we are no longer printing both our Fall and Spring Issues. We continue to proudly publish and promote our issues online.
Before you submit, ensure you have completed every step listed in the checklist below
- Ensure that the manuscript follows the following UBCMJ Manuscript Template. Ensure the title page (first page of the manuscript) is correctly formatted and contains all of the correct identifying author information while the body of the manuscript contains no identifying information.
- Carefully review our UBCMJ Submission Guidelines and ensure that your submission meets the listed requirements.
- Draft a cover letter that indicates the category of your submission as well as the name, qualifications, and contact information of the faculty sponsor if applicable (review our Guide to Authors for more information).
- Carefully review and complete our Single Author Article Submission Form (PDF) or Multiple Author Article Submission Form (PDF).
- If applicable, carefully review and complete our Patient Consent for Publication Form (PDF), and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein. Patient consent is not to be sent to the journal with your submission, but must be retained by the authors for a period of five (5) years.
- Review and complete the conflicts of interest disclosure form: COI Disclosure Form (from ICJME) and ensure that all authors of your submission have thoroughly met the disclosure requirements presented therein. *Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view/edit*
- Submit your manuscript to OJS, and include the following documents as supplemental documents:
- Cover Letter
- Signed and Completed Single or Multiple Author Submission Form
- COI Disclosure Form
- High-quality Images, Figures, and Tables
Do not hesitate to contact the managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any submissions-related inquiries.