Submissions for Spring 2023 Issue!
We are excited to announce that our Spring 2023 issue will be themed “Healthcare for a Changing Society”. Our call for submissions is now open!
Submission deadline extended: December 3, 2022
Statistics Canada has been gradually releasing the results from the 2021 Canadian Census at https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2021/ref/prodserv/release-diffusion-eng.cfm. There are several noteworthy trends including Canada’s aging population, linguistic diversity, Canada being the first country to provide census data on trans and non-binary individuals and much more. We are inviting authors to discuss their cutting-edge research and contribute their thoughts and ideas on what this means for our healthcare moving forward.
To submit a manuscript, visit https://ubcmj.med.ubc.ca/. Be sure to read the submission guidelines!
Thinking about submitting?
Please read our comprehensive UBCMJ Author Submission Guidelines, which lists our article categories and manuscript requirements. Note that in line with initiatives to support greener publishing strategies, we are no longer printing both our Fall and Spring Issues. We continue to proudly publish and promote our issues online.
Before you submit, ensure you have completed every step listed in the checklist below
- Ensure that the manuscript follows the following UBCMJ Manuscript Template. Ensure the title page (first page of the manuscript) is correctly formatted and contains all of the correct identifying author information while the body of the manuscript contains no identifying information.
- Carefully review our author submission guidelines (above) and ensure that your submission meets the listed requirements.
- Draft a cover letter that indicates the category of your submission as well as the name, qualifications, and contact information of the faculty sponsor.
- Carefully review and complete our Single Author Article Submission Form (PDF) or Multiple Author Article Submission Form (PDF).
- If applicable, carefully review and complete our Patient Consent for Publication Form (PDF), and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein. Patient consent is not to be sent to the journal with your submission, but must be retained by the authors for a period of five (5) years.
- Review and complete the conflicts of interest disclosure form: COI Disclosure Form (from ICJME) and ensure that all authors of your submission have thoroughly met the disclosure requirements presented therein. *Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view/edit*
- Submit your manuscript to OJS, and include the following documents as supplemental documents:
- Cover Letter
- Signed and Completed Single or Multiple Author Submission Form
- COI Disclosure Form
- High-quality Images, Figures, and Tables
Do not hesitate to contact the managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any submissions-related inquiries.