The UBC Medical Journal is now accepting submissions for the Spring 2018 issue. The theme of the issue is Medicine of Youth! In our day to day lives, we often hear phrases like “youth are the future.” If this is indeed true, investing in the future means investing in the lives of young people of today. Undeniably, the health and well-being of youth will be central to all of this. Our upcoming UBCMJ issue aims to explore the challenges and opportunities in health care that affect young people. This encompasses many complex topics like aging, mental health, exercise and nutrition, health education, and numerous other issues in pediatric medicine. Though broad in scope, this evolving field on medicine is one that will spark discussion between medical trainees, clinicians, and the public alike.
To encourage and recognize high quality writing, the UBCMJ Distinguished Writing Award, including a $250 honorarium, will be presented to the authors of the strongest article submitted in the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 issues.
Submissions may fall into one of the following categories: Academic Research, Reviews, Case and Elective Reports, News and Letters, and Commentaries. We also accept submissions that do not fall into this theme. The submission deadline of our Spring 2018 issue is October 14, 2017. Submissions can be made via our online submission system here.
Before you submit…
Please review these steps to ensure a smooth and timely submission process.
- Carefully review our Guide to Authors and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein.
- Carefully review and complete our Single Author Article Submission Form (PDF) or Multiple Author Article Submission Form (PDF), as appropriate, and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein.
- If applicable, carefully review and complete our Patient Consent for Publication Form (PDF), and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein. Patient consent is not to be sent to the journal with your submission, but must be retained by the authors for a period of five (5) years.
- Review and complete the conflicts of interest disclosure form: COI Disclosure Form (from ICJME) and ensure that all authors of your submission have thoroughly met the disclosure requirements presented therein. *Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view/edit*
- Please add your completed Article Submission Form and COI Disclosure Form directly to OJS as supplemental documents.
Do not hesitate to contact the managing editor at email@example.com if you have any submissions-related inquiries.