The UBC Medical Journal is now accepting submissions for the Fall 2018 issue on Public Health. The focus of public health is to promote health through prevention and management of disease and injury on a population scale. In British Columbia, the creation of smoke-free spaces by public health authorities have been in place since the early 1980s. Immunization programs, food security, and safe drinking water are other examples of public health activities. Our upcoming UBCMJ issue aims to highlight the challenges and opportunities that lie at the intersection of public health policy, health education, and community engagement.
Submissions may fall into one of the following categories: Academic Research, Reviews, Case and Elective Reports, News and Letters, and Commentaries. We also accept submissions that do not fall into this theme.
Submission deadline for the Fall 2018 issue is March 10, 2018.
The Guide to Authors and submission platform can be found on our website.
To encourage and recognize high quality writing, the UBCMJ Distinguished Writing Award, including a $250 honorarium, will be presented to the authors of the strongest article submitted in the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 issues.
Before you submit…
Please review these steps to ensure a smooth and timely submission process.
- Carefully review our Guide to Authors and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein.
- Carefully review and complete our Single Author Article Submission Form (PDF) or Multiple Author Article Submission Form (PDF), as appropriate, and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein.
- If applicable, carefully review and complete our Patient Consent for Publication Form (PDF), and ensure that your submission meets the requirements presented therein. Patient consent is not to be sent to the journal with your submission, but must be retained by the authors for a period of five (5) years.
- Review and complete the conflicts of interest disclosure form: COI Disclosure Form (from ICJME) and ensure that all authors of your submission have thoroughly met the disclosure requirements presented therein. *Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view/edit*
- Please add your completed Article Submission Form and COI Disclosure Form directly to OJS as supplemental documents.
Do not hesitate to contact the managing editor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any submissions-related inquiries.